Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SOLDERING WITH TERRI BRUSH



Hi There:) I am Diana Camomile Peck and I live in Salt Lake
City, Utah. I am a mother of 4 and a nana of 2.

Being a part of this Art Group and now with our new adventure of
the BEEHIVE ART SALON BLOG is very exciting! I feel blessed that once a month I
get to get together with some of the most amazing and talented women I have
ever known, to share ideas, talents, thoughts and recipes.

We have so much fun making new things and bonding friendships
with one another. I am so happy that we now have the ability to share with
others what I have been so fortunate to experience with my friends.

Recently I had the opportunity to meet the amazing Terri Brush.
She is extremely talented and not only does she travel the country teaching, I
was thrilled to find out she also now offers online classes. I could not have
signed up quick enough. I have always loved soldering, and I have a torch, but
I never really felt confident enough to do anything with it. That is until, I
took a class from Terri.

Terri taught me that I could take a simple sheet of brass, a brass strip, some wire, metal stamps and a torch and make some pretty amazing things.


I learned how to cut metal, form a bezel wire, solder, make dots and create a special piece of art that I love.
She also taught me how to etch metal, form a bracelet on an anvil, make my own links and create an awesome bracelet.
This little bird cage was so much fun to make. I love the raised wire that arches over the cage, and the vintage rhinestone.
I highly recommend anyone interested in learning to solder or use a torch take a class from Terri. She also teaches paper mache and working with paper clay. I can't wait for her next class to begin.

6 comments:

  1. So cool Diana!! I love your bird especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Diana- these are wonderful, such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, you are one talented girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in Terri's solder class too.... I agree, she is an awesome teacher!! Love your pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details. aluminium soldering flux , soldering wires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your work! So pretty Diana! Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete